Amsterdam, 17 augustus 2016 – Graag delen wij een vacature als consultant training & capacity building voor het wereldwijde programma van TI’s Defence and Security (TI-DS) geïnitieerd door Transparency International United Kingdom. TI-DS is op zoek naar een enthousiaste voormalige hooggeplaatste militaire officier of een expert op defensiegebied om werkzaam te zijn binnen het training & capacity building team. Om hiervoor te solliciteren, stuurt u uw CV en motivatiebrief naar firstname.lastname@example.org vóór 31 september 2016.
Consultant: Training and Capacity Building
Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. Through more than 100 Chapters worldwide, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it. In conflict and fragile states, corruption features centre stage. Corruption drives conflict through entrenching inequality, it plays a key role in the power-struggle between competing groups and weakens a military’s ability to respond effectively to security threats.
TI’s Defence and Security global programme (TI-DS) is looking for enthusiastic former senior military officers or defence experts to work with our training and capacity building team.
Your capacity to persuade a senior military/defence audience of the importance of addressing corruption and the means to do so amidst competing priorities will be vital. The role will mainly focus on delivering training on counter-corruption to military personnel at the OF4-6 level, as well as advocacy to senior personnel working at the service or ministerial level. Experience in operational command, human resources, procurement or strategic communications are all highly desirable. We would also consider instructor postings above OF-4 to be an advantage.
Work is normally limited to 5-10 days per quarter. Successful candidates will be offered a 6 month initial contract with intent for longer-term engagement. Consultants are expected to be able to travel, sometimes at short notice.
The primary track of activities through which experts take part in the work of TI-DS will be training. Depending on the applicant’s skills and experience, he/she may be invited to contribute further advisory support to the programme.
- Delivery on training courses in conjunction with TI’s partners.
- Work with senior officers from various countries to identify training requirements and input into the development of training courses and educational anti-corruption tools
- Advocate for inclusive military training programmes that address corruption risk
- Advise on TI-DS training and educational programmes and the development of training material
- Work with the TI-DS training and capacity building function to identify prospective leads and secure training opportunities.
- Senior-level career in defence, police or border protection (OF-6 and above; or strategic leadership post in a civilian role).
- Experience in advising senior leadership within this sector and a proven track record in influencing senior stakeholders to conduct institutional reform.
- Prior experience in training delivery and instruction, preferably within an advanced command and staff college or at a comparable level.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas (OF-5 or above; or equivalent civilian seniority): contracting and acquisition, operational mission planning, human resource management or strategic communications/media relations.
- Subject knowledge of the political systems, actors and dynamics within at least one of TI’s current regions of work: Afghanistan, Balkans/Eastern Europe, Latin America, Middle East & North Africa, or West Africa.
- Excellent command of English, including the ability to produce written analysis on a wide range of political, economic and security developments, including factional politics.
- Humour and humility essential.
- Demonstrable understanding of the causes and effects of corruption, and the relationship between corruption and insecurity.
- 3 years or more (cumulative) deployable experience on peacekeeping or international stabilisation missions. Senior command experience an advantage.
- Demonstrable experience in providing strategic advice to ministerial and international bodies on political reform.
- Experience working in training and mentoring of defence personnel from another institution.
- Experience working with non-governmental organisations or UN programme agencies.
- Working knowledge (conversational or better) of any of the following languages: Arabic, Dari, French, Spanish, Russian or Ukrainian.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 16 September 2016.